WELCOME TO THE PORTFOLIO OF TIRZA CHASE
M. U. A
Hey Black Child
Elon University July 2019 - May 2020
Elon, NC | Master of Arts in Interactive Media | Digital Design
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University August 2015 - May 2019
Greensboro, NC | Bachelor’s of Science in Graphic Communication Systems | Magna Cum Laude, 3.69
Co-Editor in Chief of Ayantee Yearbook (2017-2018) | President of Couture Productions (2018-2019) | Walt Disney UNCF Scholar | Alpha Kappa Mu Member | Print and Graphics Scholar | Facebook University Product Designer Finalist (2018)
Junior Art Director
Washington, DC | February 2021 - Present
• Spearheads visual identity of the entire company by managing social media, newsletter engagement, outreach campaigns, and marketing materials needed.
• Executing multiple fast-turnaround projects simultaneously whilst managing the overall brand of Boone.
• Boosted social media by 200% gaining 500+ followers in the first 8 months by using visual elements and working with the marketing team to ensure lead engagement.
• Manages federal clients that partner with the company by providing visual engagement for their social media on $2 million contracts. Helped renew one of our contracts by providing clean crisp graphics and helping their company through Boone as needed.
Lead Graphic Designer
Greensboro, NC | February 2016 - Present
• Creates shirts, logos, animations, advertisements, and flyers for all things POLAR
• Organizes and contacts the manufacturer of VertiKal Limits to ensure a smooth process and correct production of all
• Orchestrates the creative vision of all designs
• Efficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Graphic Designer of Elon University Fly-In Team
Hamilton, BDA | October 2019 - January 2020
• Brainstormed creative solutions for a re-design of the foundation’s logo through visuals and typography with little direction
• Sketched and curated original icons for the Bermuda Heart Foundation
• Created style guides for the logo, website rebrand, and social media marketing
• Created motion graphics of the logo and the donation page featured on their rebranded website using Adobe After Effects
Government Pathways Intern / Junior Web Designer
Pentagon, VA | June 2019 - July 2019
• Created a wireframe, mockup, and fully functional website redesign to promote the US Air Force’s mentorship program
• Collaborated with a panel of project managers and senior leadership
• Concept mapped and developed the new ideas for the re-design
• Maintained calm under the pressure of short deadlines
Lead Graphic Design Intern
Greensboro, NC | October 2018 - October 2019
• Envisioned and created all flyers for the Annual Giving department at North Carolina A&T’s University Relations
• Submitted all creations within two to three business days for revisions once received
• Ensured that all work created was in the correct dimensions in respect to the platforms used to display messages on NCA&T’s official online Annual Giving page
Department of Health & Human Services (FDA)
Pathways Intern and AudioVisual Assistant
Silver Spring, MD | May 2018 - August 2018
• Scheduled meetings, organized files, and ensured front-office management of CDRH
• Helped achieve a creative vision for poster designs and confidential information
• Assisted with setting up the printing station and plotting machinery
• Efficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
Co-Editor in Chief
Greensboro, NC | August 2017 - May 2018
Greensboro, NC | August 2016 - May 2019
• Provided deadlines for the layout/photography/copy-writing staff to finish sections of the yearbook
• Completed tasks in a timely fashion
• Created designs for the entire yearbook
• Performed creative critiques to staff to aid in their design skill enhancement
Tirza Chase is a graphic designer from Washington D.C. with a burning passion for branding, fashion, and animation. She is a vibrant, forward-thinking designer that is always striving to learn more and grow in her field. She has a Bachelor of Science degree in Graphic Communication Systems from North Carolina A&T SU. Most recently, Tirza Chase just completed her Master of Arts degree in Interactive Media at Elon University in May 2020.
Tirza Chase currently works for The Boone Group, LLC spearheading the visual identity of the start up as Junior Art Director. Since February, she has created a brand guide, revised the website, and has run the visuals for Boone's social media whilst handling client projects.
Tirza’s greatest accomplishments so far are designing a website redesign for the Pentagon’s mentorship program, My Vector, in Washington DC. She spearheaded the entire design and created a SWOT analysis in the brainstorming process to assess the program’s needs for their target audience. Redefining the persona, she was able to create a website that will recruit new mentors and bring in new mentees.
Tirza also spearheaded Bermuda Heart Foundation redesign sponsored by Elon University. As lead graphic designer, she was able to re-design an old logo and brand their company with new a new style guide, animations, and marketing materials.
As a lover of fashion, Tirza has worked with The POLAR Movement, LLC. for 4 years and recently created the best selling line of the company, Visions by Ziggy. This line was dedicated to Black History Month, and was designed to empower all “visionaries” to be the best versions of themselves nodding to our previous black role models. She designed from scratch the silhouettes of each piece and created all of the graphics.
I hope you will take the time to look at all of my work, If you want to learn more about me or schedule a consultation for my work please contact me below!
- Tirza Chase